View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 16, 2013, 6:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westsidelife View Post
^^ From this to that. Which do you guys like better?

I think I preferred this earlier version, only because of of the similarity to (and their configuration in relation to) the Century. The three towers created a cool, uniform crescent.

However, I do like the new design. Their triangular, inward-facing form mirrors the twins across the street nicely. I applaud the developers for -- both in the old and the new designs -- being conscious of their surroundings, and trying to make their buildings relate in a pleasing way. Similar story with the MGM Building and SunAmerica Center. It's that sort of cohesiveness that Downtown lacks (although DTLA obviously has the edge when it comes to historical buildings), and for me Century City is more pleasing to the eye as a result.

Now if only we could get the height restrictions raised for even one or two buildings to break up that plateau, and I think Angelenos would start to realize they've got a pretty sweet "Midtown" skyline of their own.

Also, there was another Century City skyscraper proposed a while back (not the Westfield building) that was going to be super green, and of comparable scale to SunAmerica, etc. But I haven't been able to find anything about it since. Does anyone know what it's called, or if it's still in the works? Thanks!