View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 1, 2013, 8:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshallKnight View Post
Love the shed and its flexibility. That's a very modern concept to apply to a prominent building or public space, and I'm glad they're doing so.

Now, I love a lot of these buildings and spaces individually (initially skeptical of the "Corset" building, but it has really grown on my), but looking at some of these renders of the base of the towers and the plaza... am I the only person who feels like there are just way too many conflicting geometries going on in this one space? The skeletal bulbousness of the culture shed, the sleek curves of the Corset, the many, many different hard angles and monolithic faces of the South Tower... it doesn't make for a particularly cohesive experience.

These guys clearly have very good ideas about the flow of foot traffic, the relationships between the inside and out, the street level and those above. It's going to be a marvelous place to be. But when I look at some of these renders, from a purely aesthetic point of view, I find my head hurting.

I think you'll like it once completed. The best skylines have varying architecture that share the same area (relatively).

When you have variety, it adds to the look and feel of the area.