View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 9, 2012, 7:24 PM
BANNED

I posted this in the construction thread, but it deserves a home here instead ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by artvandelay View Post
Yep, he even won a Darwin Award for his efforts. I believe it happened at Bromley:

http://darwinawards.com/darwin/darwin2000-31.html
I was searching the Internet for where this happened, and came across a few interesting posts regarding the area on calgarypuck

http://forum.calgarypuck.com/archive...p/t-42497.html

Quote:
Holy crap, yes Bromley Square aka 'Calgary's highrise Ghetto' deserves its own thread.<>
-The umpteen times the water (hot or complete) was turned off. Showed up at work a couple times with devilish hair after mistakingly sleeping till 9:01am.
-Dropping 4 floors what felt uncontrollably in the east glass elevator. That elevator was shut down for 4 or so months after that.
-getting stuck in the elevators numerous times (all 4 of them).
-waiting eons some days for an elevator to come up to my floor. I remember walking down 32 floors of stairs some mornings because that was faster.
-Sketchy folk always surrounding the building and in front of the macs/pizza 555/liquor store. Seeing that line-up every day at the Mustard Seed was always a sobering sight.<>
-That god awful smell behind the macs in the alley.
-The trains... oh boy do I not miss those trains! Listening to those beasts brake for 5-10mins on a Sunday morning was never fun. I have to admit though, I was a fan of toy trains when I was a kid and it was kind of neat seeing the 150 or so cars in a row (especially when they were all full of lime yellow sulphur!)
-Making sure guests didn't throw shyte off the balcony was occaisionally a challenge.
Quote:
A few years ago, I had a friend that lived up on 25. One night after a hard night drinking at Manhattens, I staggered to his balcony and puked all over the edge. The splatter on the parking lot belowe was very impressive.
Quote:
Ahhh,so you puked on the South side, nice. Definately not the only vomit on that side of the building! Once my friend did the deed over my balcony, but he mananged some how to get most of it onto 3104's railing. As it was disgustingly obvious where it came from, I glad buddy didn't come home for a couple weeks and it had rained a lot before he did....
Quote:
It was a perfect place to stumble home from The Palace (which for some reason we frequented).
The train sounds were great - particulalry the big crashing sounds that would happen from time to time.
Quote:
We used to have huge parties and spread peanut butter on the main door to bromely. Them watch the ensuing carnage on the security camera's. I finished two passports at bottlescrew bills and got trapped in the elevators numerous times. Great times, what a dive!
Hmmm ... I now don't seem to mind needing to shovel snow off my drive way a few times a year.