View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 15, 2008, 3:59 PM
I'm one fathom tall

Location: Sicilia (Sicily) 6 months a year/ Texas 6 months a year
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterno View Post
Another nice vacation package to Cancun and I can not go. Why? Because although Houston is located the closest to Cancun it is one of the highest priced. Continental is to blame.

check the deal here

http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthr...87624&t=686703
no it isn't Continental's fault it is the free market--- that is how business works. I am sorry economics is so hard for you to grasp on this issue.
besides that is a all in V fare via Delta. A search by me finds other cities similarly priced.
A search via CO's own website has non-stop flights to cancun, during spring break for $345 roundtrip. Not bad at all
Aeromexico is cheaper at $274 but that is with a stop, connection, and longer journey. $345 rt is fair, why are you complaining?

And a quick review online by me and I can find cheaper fares and hotels to Cancun doing it myself-than an all in for ~$1600
the only benefit in that package is "Free alcohol" which often has a disclaimer at those resorts.
Besides you could fly airtran to ATL then catch that deal if you wanted.

You are not looking at the big picture or how the industry works.
You bring in discount players and you get the likes of Air Florida, hopefully minus the fatal crashes. For airlines to charge as little as you seem to want to pay, something has to give, service, realibilty, or safety. Normally a little bit of each.

Continental does not price in a vacuum on many Houston routes. That is why Houston has some of the cheapest fares in the USA, contrary to what you see. You can check via the WWW.BTS.Com

Ciao,
AWACS

Io sempre voglio la fica della mia mogile.