View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 17, 2018, 10:35 PM
1st Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by the urban politician View Post
Wow, with the Walgreens news, Elon Musk news, and other construction updates I need to go on vacation more often. I love coming back and hearing these kinds of uplifting updates.

Another uplifting update:

http://fox6now.com/2018/06/15/we-are...own-milwaukee/

Foxconn will base it’s North American HQ, which will grow to 500 jobs, in downtown Milwaukee. Lots of jobs, lots of engineers, lots of recruitment from local universities. This is separate from the huge plant they are building in Racine.

This isn’t really Chicago news, but this will indirectly benefit the Chicago area as well. Executives buying north suburban homes, recruitment from local schools as I mentioned, and of course many of these well paid professionals will naturally come to Chicago for culture, dining, O’hare access, etc etc. Perhaps even some condos will be sold
That's excellent news! Whatever is good for our little brother city 90 minutes to the north is definitely good for Chicago, and vice versa.

The more vibrant the CHI-MKE region becomes, the faster it will grow in tandem, and the more possibilities for connecting the two metros, such as potential HSR/Hyperloop as LVDW mentioned.