View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 6, 2013, 9:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craneSpotter View Post
3) In my eyes the CFL ranks just below the NCAA. The financials show that and the millions of North American football fans agree - don't forget it is American football How did the CFL expansion to the states go? What are the valuations of the CFL teams by Forbes? Candy coat it all you want and have a CFL love-in here, but it is a rinky-dink league by any measure I mean look at the Regina stadium - the most successful team in the CFL - plays in a old outdated dump,,,by NCAA standards. The only hope of a new stadium is if the (broke) Saskatchewan government pays for it by funnelling money from its crown corps!

I say add two more teams - Saskatoon and Halifax. Then lets see how the league does...
Absolutely shocking level of ignorance displayed here. The CFL has one of the highest average attendances of any league in the world. Of course, the ignoramuses will say well they only play x number of games. So what? That is the business model and it works. There are so many differences in cultural, political, social, economic contexts between football in Canada and the US, it is impossible to compare. Football is obscenely overhyped in the US and I say that as someone who loves the game. It is completely out of touch with its real importance in society. That frankly is a sad comment on priorities in US society. Better to build a $1B football stadium than provide healthcare for the poor. That schtick does not sell here and nor it should.