View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 3, 2014, 2:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskatoonborn View Post
I really have to agree. What they should do even before that is have dedicated. Bus services to major terminals only too and from down to cut down on times. Run them every 15 minutes all day. Confed to Dt, Lawson to Dt, collage to Dt, center mall to dt to name a few routes

It would take me over an hour and 20 minutes to get to school at the best of times, I lived in pacific heights at the time. Home was a different story I wish I could say 2 hours but more often then not it was three. In my first 2 years I took the bus and almost every other day i was stranded at school waiting for a "dart" bus to to take me home or worse strand me down town becuase it was the drivers last run of the day and they didnt bother to send another bus until 6:30. I drove. I had more important things to do than wait around for crappy bus service. I could get to school park on 14th and walk to class in 25 minutes and then get home in the same time.

Sorry for the rant. I hate the city buses.
It is also horrible when you are waiting for a bus in the dark, which is either 25 minutes late or else just not coming, downtown on a cold January night, completely speculating as to what to do, and no way to reach anyone at the customer service line since they are closed at 6pm. It is also disturbing as heck when the posted schedule (if you are lucky to have one at your stop) doesn't match the actual bus schedule.