View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 27, 2008, 4:23 AM
Capitalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tower Crane View Post
I'm sure you as I have seen hundreds of reports released by the city that have gone no where, so I'm not sure another report means anything in terms of being concrete.
Regarding your direction to other city forumers not to post. Regardless whether you like the comments or not they are valuable comments and information to weigh possibilities of competing similar interests, and discussing it in a vacuum doesn't really help the topic anyway. All angles and competing facilities should be considered and discussed.
It doesn't matter what you or anyone else says anyway the port with real plans will materialize at some point.
While there has been other reports.. I would suggest this is the most comprehensive, in terms of its broad committee input. This is not a solely a government report. This was created by a wide mix of government and large and mid sized private enterprise and industry associations who would be primary benefactors in the developing of the Inland Port and would be the majority intial investors in this major development. This report has since been completely endorced by the province, city, and the other major players behind its creation. The recomendations has been adopted .. and investment is starting to lineup, with this study acting as the vision towards the future.

One of the largest difficulties of the old Winnport was it was almost solely a government body. Centre Port Canada is a private corporation.

As far as other city's contribution .. I am all for it, but not at the expense of discussing Centre Port. By all means create a new thread .. where all those who wish to compare and discuss them all, and compare the various potencial inland ports in aggrigate, can do so. The difficulty as I have seen is it just boggs down the whole discussion into a pissing match... which isn't really adding anything to the whole topic.

Therefore I continue to ask all commements on this thread to remain Centre Port Canada centric. If there is interest in creating another thread to compare the competing proposals please do so .. perhaps in the Canada forum, as this issue is not only a western Canada issue.