View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 2, 2005, 10:23 PM
constructor extrodinaire!

Ok so I had a day off from work so I decided to take a little trip through San Antonio and Take some pictures of a few things that may be of interest to some people on this forum! Keep in mind I am an amateur at photography so just bare through some of the less than great pics! Enjoy!

Lets start out with The Shops at La Cantera. I had a hard time getting a good angle but here is a glimpse of the mall.

OK, onto downtown. Traffic on 10 was AWEFUL thanks to construction but I got there.

So my first stop on the tour was the Hotel Contessa.

Just a walk down the street and I was at the site of the new Hyatt Convention Center Hotel. The existing garage has been closed and should be demolished within the next few weeks and the city of San Antonio will vacate the lower offices withing the next week.

This is the "hole" where the new hotel will stand.

Looking into the window of the office on the first floor of the garage. Its a beautiful scale model of the current convention center. Wish they had one with the hotel in it! You can see exactly where the new hotel will sit. The footprint is exactly where the garage is.

The garage to be demolished

La Cascada on the south end of Downtown.

Random Pics.

This is a VERY popular upscale club/lounge in DT San Antonio called Club Rive.

The Valencia Hotel Center.

Need I say more?

Last edited by texboy; Jun 3, 2005 at 2:11 PM.