View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 10, 2014, 5:15 AM
Fourth and Main

The Rambusch Decorating Company designed the interiors for many of New York City's awesome upper-end movie theatres, churches, and performance halls back then. Until recently, only company employees had ever seen the interior, which was closed to the public in 1982, when other tenants were pushed out and the ground floor retail establishments were closed and converted to company museums/lobby space. Now, we can finally see what we've only read about or only seen through the windows along the sidewalk. Rambusch's work is fine art and I'm not aware of any other buildings they worked on in the south? Most of their work is in the northeast. This award-winning building helped Shreve Lamb and Harmon win the contract to design the Empire State Building, which is said to be based on this design?

The upper floors are also said to have marble elevator lobbies? I've also read the building has green veined white Vermont marble restrooms. If those marble restrooms are still in place, what will a hotel and residential development do with them? Are they required to save them (again, if they are still there) by the National Park Service?

Atlantic Capital Headquarters:
Interior rendering for Atlantic Capital's office space in the building, from Steele Group architects, shared by Frank L. Blum Construction. This is the new construction building at Fourth and broad.

Credit: Frank L. Blum Construction

Interior Construction for The Winston-Salem Foundation's office space in the Atlantic Capital Building (below):

Interior Construction for shared building amenities in the Atlantic Capital Building (below):

Bailey Park @ East End:
Moving from grading to going vertical with an actual structure at the park! This is an update, posted by appsdeacs, at WSTB. appsdeacs posted several different views at WSTB. I'll post the construction image showing the footings for the restrooms/office/storage building in the Food Truck Courtyard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by appsdeacs
Flywheel: BUILT
This project is officially completed! Visit Flywheel and sign-up for your co-work membership today!

Credit: WFIQ

Herbalife Building:
We are so close to completion on this building. It could be completed as soon as this month! The company has already hired 290 employees and is still hiring! Some of the jobs they are filling are information technology, senior developer, chemists, microbiologists, associate scientists, research and development, applications analysts, and engineering. If those jobs interest you, visit the Herbalife Open House this Friday at 10 a.m., on Temple School Rd.,. If you have prior experience in the pharmaceutical industry, that could help you gain a job here. This building will become home to part of the company's headquarters operations, as well as the company’s global technical operating center and its laboratories. There are plans for a significant future expansion, so this building could reappear on our construction list again in the future.

Hotel Monaco:
Relocating shared systems among the two buildings to construct pool and amenities.

Credit: Blue Ridge Fly Fisherman

Jon Kuhn Studio Renovation:
It appears as if the ground floor of Jon Kuhn's studio will become a restaurant. Permits were pulled, but no real details at this time. What are the plans for the upper floors? Apartments?

Mast General Store & The Village Lofts:
The Mast General Store Apartments are now officially known as The Village Lofts. I think Mast General Store is expected to open in Spring 2015 on the two lower floors? Talk about a big store! Since we haven't seen an update on this project at SSP, I'll post a massive photography update with the latest images found!

Credit: The Village Lofts

IQ District Update: Big Announcement? Maybe?
Tuesday, July 15th, Dr. Eric Tomlinson and The Innovation Quarter will share information on their expansion plans! Could it be an update on Wake Forest University moving their medical school to downtown's IQ District or could it be the massive entertainment center at Bailey Power Plant starting construction soon? Maybe both? It could also be something else? A mixed-use parking deck or their new site plan or a 12-13 storey highrise, as examples? I guess we will see happens? I'm excited!

Last edited by Matthew; Jul 10, 2014 at 5:46 AM.