View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 24, 2014, 6:10 AM
DENNAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawford View Post
Can you please name some of these projects you're referring to? I can't think of any realistic recent projects that turned to shit projects.

And I can't think of anything that gets outright cancelled. Stuff gets put on hold all the time, but air rights eventually get used.

Most projects seem to get better with time. Hudson Yards, 432 Park, 107 W.57, 43 E. 60, 220 CPS, etc.

I was more referring to the US as a whole (for which the list would be too lengthy, Transbay in SF, Wilshire in LA both got height cuts, Chicago has a ton of projects that were shortened or never built, Philadelphia has the ACC etc. etc.) but even in NY there are a few. Hudson yards, Tower Verre and this were originally going to be taller, 3WTC got shortened (and will probably never be built), 1WTC is missing it's radome etc.

On a world scale NY has it super well, far better than almost everyone, and I'm happy for this city, but unless the design of this new building is absolutely exceptional a 1425 foot roof really isn't news anymore since Sears Tower passed that in 1974.

But it's still pretty great so I'm not actually upset about it, I would just love for someone to break that height barrier.