View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 7, 2017, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MayorQuinbee View Post
It seems that a lot of what gets posted in this thread relates to suburban development (nothing wrong with that of course). It would be nice to see Oakland and San Jose have their own threads (San Jose has one going already) because they are each their own cities with a plethora of projects going on within them. A serious under representation of projects going on in Oakland right now. Perhaps one of these days i will have the time to get one going
Unless you also have the time to keep it going, why bother? You can see from the amount of posting in this thread that there simply aren't a lot of Oakland posters. I would guess I've posted as much about Oakland as anyone and I don't even live there (e.g the 2 posts above yours on which no one has commented). To justify a thread, there needs to be a group of people willing and able to do what several SF posters do: Travel around the city taking pictures of ongoing projects to keep the information about them current. Oakland hasn't had such a group unless you are willing to do it.