View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 9, 2014, 4:44 PM

Nice, so this will be a hair taller than 435 N Park, yet significantly skinnier. That will make for a nice, slender, tower.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the urban politician View Post
We still don't have a hotel operator yet?

Also, 60k sf of retail is quite impressive. I'm guessing it's mostly going to be on the north side of the building, no?

Can somebody post the floor schematics (if they are available)?
I bet a big chunk of the retail is going to be along the plaza like I was predicting months ago. I see another opportunity for a Howell's and Hood quality restaurant with outdoor space here. Maybe we'll get a restaurant on one side and a cafe on the other. Streeterville is going to need more retail space with the density they are adding right now. All of these towers are going up within a 3 block radius:

- NW Outpaitent Center
- RIC Tower
- 435 N Park
- Optima II
- 545 N McClurg

Then there is the heinous RAMS proposal on top of all of that. I think that Streeterville will eventually hit a critical mass where it will go from sleepy to bustling overnight and I think these 5 towers already under construction might be enough to do that. I mean we are talking about what? 1500 residential units, a few hundred hotel rooms, and two huge employment centers. It's amazing how quickly Streeterville and LSE have changed from an industrial wasteland to one of the densest highrise neighborhoods in the world:

http://www.okrentassociates.com/imag...r/slide1a.html

The first was taken in 1989, the second was taken in 2007. I have a feeling Cabrini and River North is about to have the same thing happen to it.