View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 24, 2015, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssiguy View Post
Who will replace Harper?

This is NOT an election thread!

This thread is working from the nearly universal agreement that no one is going to come even remotely close to a majority government. No matter who you support I think that is one of the very few things that all of us can agree on.

Well whether Harper wins or loses his days are numbered not only by the Libs/Cons pulling down the government but also by his backbenchers and Tory strategists who know that Harper is used goods..........thanks for the memories, good luck and goodbye. Whether it's the Libs/Cons stabbing him in the heart or his backbenchers stabbing him in the back, he's toast.

So WITHOUT bringing in the current election, who do you think will replace Harper as leader of the Conservatives?
Of the current cabinet, there's alot of lightweights like Pierre Poilievre who I view as basically unelectable. Joe Oliver might have some chance, but I think it's really Jason Kenney's to lose. Leona Aglukkaq ticks alot of boxes and might do well in a general election, but I don't think she'd win over enough supporters within the party, and she doesn't seem the type to really energize the Conservative base.