View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 21, 2012, 4:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypherus View Post
Thanks for the update. I am assuming those who have already registered for Park Avenue would be given notice some time before Christmas.

Given the savory reviews for Park Place, I am sure Park Avenue will also be popular. Let's hope their 1 bedroom units have a better layout - with the bedrooms having a window wall rather than using french doors to channel day light into the windowless room.

As for the two year construction timeline of the new towers, that area is going to be buzzing again. But ongoing construction noise for southern-facing current residents of Park Place 2 might be an issue during the warmer months.
Won't affect us (being a south facing PP2) because Park Avenue part 1 will be the Sky Towers project site which is on the corner of 100th and Whalley Blvd. That means it would be the east facing PP2 and PP1 that would be affected. We'll be affected when the second phase of Park Avenue take place between PP2 and the SkyTrain station.

Either way though, on the 1 bedroom, that's what I own and I don't mind it. I find it extremely hot in the living area right now during the summer (and have an air conditioner unit to try and help + ceiling fan I had installed for circulation). I couldn't imagine having my bedroom right against the wall because the air flow is actually low facing south I find and the bedroom would be 10 times hotter.

I feel for the 2 bedroom units facing south. On the flip side, in the Winter we didn't have our heater on ever. Even though it was cold the greenhouse affect was enough to keep the place warm even in Winter without heater on so my hydro bill was about $20 a month in the winter... :-P

When they build phase 2 though of Park Avenue the building will block a lot of the Sun so the temperature will be better. Less of a view but as long as I can see Mount Baker I'm fine. I'll be out of this unit by then anyway. Next few years we'll be upgrading to a townhouse and will just rent this unit out.