View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 18, 2016, 5:49 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by prokowave View Post
Re: Canopy

It's wonderful to see the transformation taking place on this block, along with the California Building, recently completed Elk Place Apartments, and Orpheum Theatre. For so long this area was a huge eyesore and I suspect that in a year it will be one of the best in the CBD. My only request now is that they spruce up the parking garage between the former Oil and Gas Building and the Rault. That and renovation of the State Palace Theatre would be the icing on the cake.

Also it will be nice to have those vacant lots near the convention center being put back into use. If the CC ever goes forward with their grand plans across the expressway, projects like that will be vital in connecting the areas. By the way, has anyone heard any updates on that project? If I were them I would want to get things rolling asap, before the state and/or city try to take some of their money.
It's a huge project and stare issues are probably slowing them down a bit ... It's a whole new everything that has to be built over there and it really can't be piecemealed.

Expansion Renderings for Ochsner Jefferson campus:

http://www.theneworleansadvocate.com...-on-jefferson-

Southern Rep Theatre:

PERFORMING ARTS COMPLEX PLANNED FOR 2018

Southern Rep Theatre has found a new home!

Southern Rep Theatre, Rose Community Development Corporation, and Alembic Community Development will launch the Bayou Treme Center campus development project, which will renovate the long-vacant former St Rose de Lima Church into a hub for the performing arts in the city and a cultural anchor on the Bayou Road corridor.

The centerpiece of the Bayou Treme Center campus will be a 13,400 square foot theater complex operated by Southern Rep Theatre, New Orleans’ premiere theatre company. The theater complex includes a 125-seat Mainstage proscenium, a 65-seat Lagniappe Stage convertible to a cabaret or black box configuration, an Outdoor Stage for pre-performance activities, administrative offices, rehearsal room, and a bar/café.

Construction is expected to begin in 2017, with a projected opening date in 2018

501 Elysian Fields Ave·

Type:
HDLC COA
Date Filed:
2/16/2016 4:20:42 PM
Description
Application for new construction to build a 90,000 sq ft mixed use building.

Last edited by tennis1400; Feb 18, 2016 at 9:18 PM.