View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 2, 2017, 5:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligrad View Post
If there is any form of slow down with Metropolis, that might be a good thing.

If I remember correctly, Greenland was advertising Metropolis heavily in China and pretty much giving them first dibs on the condos and etc. People on here were mad saying "Metropolis is going to end up being a ghost project for people to park their money but not to actually live in it".

Well. If China is serious about its crackdown on the flow of assets/investments leaving the country, that might be the reasoning for any form of slow down with this specific project. I remember at one point tower 1? 2? (The first residential tower) was at like 60% taken before it was even topped out but mostly to foreign, Chinese, buyers. So. If they aren't buying anymore, that means we have a better chance of getting that project filled with people who actually live here. If that makes sense.....
Regarding Metropolis, I recall the same thing. Metropolis Tower 2 (the first condo tower) and Ten50 finished at about the same time. Metropolis said that they were concentrating sales in China. I think that they used wording indicating that many units were reserved for Chinese buyers only, which sounds illegal. Meanwhile Ten50 focused on sales to locals and is now sold out or close to it.

Last edited by Easy; Dec 2, 2017 at 9:08 PM.