View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 16, 2007, 6:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimnebulin View Post
Sorry but I'm with Brandon on this one. I live in Midtown on one of the busiest one way streets and I've never heard anyone complain about this issue. Nor do I think the setup needs to be changed.

Not once have I ever been driving down a two way street and got the sudden urge to pull over and patronize a business - that's quite laughable as I almost always have a destination or place in mind before I leave. Perhaps driving down a one way street, I might miss a business if I don't know where it is exactly. But there's a very simple solution to that problem - I circle around the block and and get back to said business! I don't pack up and go home...I just don't get these so-called business owner's rationale.
We can go back and forth on this forever but I ride my bike to work as do many of my friends and neighbors and this is a big issue for us. With that behind us, I'm not going to argue anecdotal evidence, the real issue is whether 2 ways are more pedestrian-friendly and safer than one-ways. They are according to experts worldwide http://www.pps.org/info/placemakingt...20TO%20TWO-WAY
This isn't a matter of opinion it's for experts to decide.
With that in mind many of us like to better our communities instead of leaving things how they are. Your argument is essentially, 'if you don't like it, leave.'
We all know how much ignorant groups love using that phrase so I suggest you leave it out of an intelligent discussion.