Thread: 2017 CFL Season
View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 14, 2017, 2:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
Zicarelli is putting it a bit mildly IMO. Over the past few years, Sportsnet covered the CFL the way RT (Russia Today) covers the US... they basically pay attention only when there's an opportunity to diminish, mock or belittle. In much the same way that RT pops up on my Twitter feed whenever there is a bad news story in the US, Sportsnet would be first to report any bad CFL news, or would spin it in the least flattering way possible.

It's clear that Arash Madani, who has some credibility from his background as a football insider guy, basically became SN's point man on dumping on the CFL. I'm sure Madani will change his tune pretty quickly now. I'm sure the CFL will be moved from the "other" tab on the Sportsnet website too where it gets lumped in with drag racing, cockfighting and whatever else.

(The irony here is that it was Sun Media that took a similar tack back in the 90s when it was Paul Godfrey chasing the NFL... but it was never as blatant as what Rogers has been doing lately.)
Someone was saying it's already been moved to the front page.

I have a feeling that once the TSN CFL contract is up, Sportsnet will make a bid to show CFL games. Ambroise is no slouch, as he's proven. He'll go to market and try and see where he can come out with the best value for the league.