View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 2, 2008, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsf8278 View Post
In general, you as a citizen have NO RIGHT to decide which contracts are proper. Did you vote on the rental agreement I entered into last month? You have a RIGHT to enter into which contracts you deem fit. The courts then have the RIGHT to decide if those contracts are in accord with many things, one being public policy and another the CA Constitution.

Your ideology and irrational thinking is in accord with those that used to say "its just a contract," and "the state has the right to decide which relationships it will recognize." Those were the arguments used to deny interracial couples the right to marry marrying. Congrats, you're a bigot.

I could go on and on about how wrong you are legally, but I'm sure you don't care. The crap you spill on this forum sounds like you've been reading old Harry Browne Libertarian books. As such, you apparently feel like you know something about the law. Trust me, you don't.

Ahhhh more of that liberal elitism I've come to know and hate.

What's wrong with being a libertarian?

Look, just because you went to law school does not mean much to me. You're nothing special, buddy. I ain't scared of you.

Irrational? I think not. I've thought about my view a lot. You may not accept them, but your acceptance does not determine rationality.

Am I a bigot? Yes, I am. I am also a racist. But from what I've seen, everyone fits these molds. We are all slaves to our experience, and we tend to prefer those who look like us and think like us. Is that good? Well, yes and no - it depends. Is it common? Absolutely - and YOU are not immune. Your hateful, angry, stereotyping posts are evidence of this.

Do I think it's proper NOT to recognize interracial marriage? No. Would I vote for a constitutional amendment or change in the law to make interracial marriages illegal? No. Race and sex are two different things. Do I need to explain? Do I think same sex marriage isn't marriage and should not be recognized by my state? Yes. Does that make me a bigot? Depends on your definition. But I don't care what your definition of Bigot is.

You are right. I don't give a crap about your opinion of the law. Heck, I don't agree with most of our laws, and I dislike much of our legal system. So, I understand I am at odds with what is accepted. But I have the right to seek and vote for a change (e.g., voting for Bob Barr, voting Yes on Props 4, 8 & 11 and voting No on the rest). You see, in the State of California the public has the RIGHT to directly vote on certain laws and bonds - we call these things propositions. A number of years ago we were given the option to decide whether or not we want to recognize (affirm/normalize) a gay marriage. 60% of the voters decided to define marriage as between a man and a woman (damn, what a strange concept). A while later, the state Supreme Court overturned the will of the voters, saying it was unconstitutional. (I will not go into my anti supreme court ruling on constitutionality views again. You libs tend to go apoplectic when I do this - supreme court opinions and interpretations are the only way you've been able to force your morally void, baby killing ways on the public). Since the Supreme Court ruled the law unconstitutional, we have to change the Constitution, no big deal. Don't agree? Vote No. Think marriage is between a man and a woman? Vote Yes. If I am out voted, I will accept the outcome. However, when all is said and done, I want to feel confident I stood for my ideals. They are important to me. They may not be important to you, again, I don't care what you think.

Want the best solution? Let's stop all marriage recognition. Marriage is between the people involved, their families and their church. It's not a state function.

By the way, I did vote for the people who vote on laws governing your rental agreement. So in a way, I do/can affect your contract - unless you want the state Supes to overturn my vote.