View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 9, 2012, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by novawolverine View Post
I don't think you can combine all three of those regions and put it above Southern California. If you do that, you might as well extend BosWash down to Atlanta.
I agree that SoCal is more continuously filled in than the Great Lakes, but there's nowhere near the gap in development in the Great Lakes as exists between NoVa, the Carolinas and Atlanta. The Toronto-Buffalo-Detroit/Windsor-Toledo-Cleveland-Pittsburgh horn is pretty much continuously developed all the way around Lake Erie with no gaps between the metropolitan areas (Toledo and Cleveland will even share a congressional district after the 2010 redistricting). Likewise, the Chicago-Milwaukee super-metro(?) is pretty continuously developed. Chicago and Milwaukee have a similar relationship as NYC and Philadelphia, just with two smaller cities.

This is why I always thought a Great Lakes rail system made more sense than just about anywhere in the country outside of BosWash. Far more sense than the high-speed waste of money that they want to build in Florida...