View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 7, 2005, 12:34 AM
“The Big EasyChair”

Quote:
Originally Posted by What is a Rivercat?
I'm becoming more inclined to let the Maloofs leave if they really want to. It'll be their bad in the end because sooner or later, SOMEONE will realize that a market of 2 million plus sits waiting for another pro franchise to come in.

If Sacramento loses the Kings, then what team would want to move into Arco? That place is a dump. Neither the city nor the county has the collective brain power to come up with a creative financing solution to construct an Arena (like San Antonio came up with). Funny that both Fresno and Stockton can build arenas, but this city has yet to construct one. (Both Arco I and II were privately financed). In a way I think having had privately financed facilities has spoiled Sacramento. Now the expectation is that it should always be privately financed. Sorry but that's not going to happen.

Secondly, the MaGoofs are just as clueless as the city and county leaders. They don't have the guts to say what they want and how much they're willing to pay. Sorry but the line that they'll pay their "fair share" doesn't work with me. They still owe the city $70 million dollars. Are we supposed to build them arena, give them control of naming rights and all concession revenue and all they chip in is $40 million dollars? No thanks.