View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 27, 2018, 3:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itom 987 View Post
For me, stocks like Apple cost too much, I want to buy lots of shares instead of a little to increase profit. My share price limit so far is $20/share. Most of my investments are in marijuana stock though, I'm betting on the entire industry.
The logic of buying stocks should not depend on the overall price but I do see your point. I like to buy in 1,000 share lots but I do not turn down shares such as Apple if I see a good buying opportunity. I end up just buying 100 or 200 shares versus 1,000.

I have also have been buying into the weed stocks of late. Various people have peaked my interest in them over the last three weeks I have managed to make around $11,000. Got some at the moment slightly under water but I think there is still good upside in the industry and I am not worried about the weed stocks.

Been on a cruise the last week and decided to pay the $100 US fee for internet and wanted to try and pay for the fee by investing in the market last week. My go to stock for that was Twitter and I bought 1,000 shares and it did rise to up $300 early on. I was about to sell it and never connected as it dropped and I ended up buying another 2,000 shares on the way down. By Thursday I was down $1,800 US. However, Friday was a good day for Twitter as it was up over $2.00 and I ended up selling and profit was $3,400 US.