View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 20, 2011, 4:42 AM
Reason and Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by logan5 View Post

The Whitecaps entered the NASL in 1974 and won Soccer Bowl '79 only 5 years later. In that short time they became the focus of the Vancouver sports scene, easily rivaling the Canucks of the time. So you see there is a precedent.
You obviously didn't read the arguments and empirical evidence presented earlier in this thread, where the popularity of the Whitecaps during their golden years (as measured by attendance) was extensively documented and analyzed. What the empirical evidence shows is that even at the height of their popularity, the Whitecaps failed to surpass the BC Lions in average attendance. So you see there is not a precedent.

Thus, you will need to do better than pointing to an historical precedent that does not exist, if your prediction is to be based on something more than hopes, wishes and dreams.

Now, I will say what I have always said: I hope the Whitecaps do as well as they possibly can, which I think can be quite well. However, no one has presented any compelling argument or evidence that they will do better than the BC Lions.

But if you can succeed where others have failed, then I'm all ears.

Last edited by Prometheus; Mar 20, 2011 at 4:57 AM.