View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 10, 2014, 7:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Incandenza View Post
Say what you will about those artists' legal and/or moral claims to the building (and I mostly agree that they don't have much standing), but they made it a unique and interesting place - the sort of place that New York could use more of. The condescension towards them is rather off-putting.
I agree. It is a shame the building is being torn down.

What is infuriating is how the artists acted. They choose to piss all over the good will of the owner who let them use his building, free of charge, for 20 years. They chose not to thank him for his generosity, but act like spoiled, entitled a**holes and dragged his name through the mud. They chose to ignore that he made it clear that the building was always intended to be developed at some point. They chose to act like petulant, miserable children. Oh, and can you imagine if one of these artists who claimed that they owned the building injured themselves - a possible scenario given the buildings age and condition? The developer would be in litigation for 20 years...no way would he or any other sane human want that threat looming over their heads...

Oh, and after he decided to develop his building, which, once again, he let them use free of charge for decades, he offered to create a large space for them to do their work, again, free of charge. What did they do? They basically told him to f**k himself because they were entitled to more.

Every single one of those bottom feeders can go to hell. I agree, 5-points is a loss and it would be nice if more sites like it sprung up, but I think most of the ire in this thread isn't directed at 5-pointz the structure, but the disgusting people trying to prevent it from being developed.