View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 21, 2018, 11:54 PM
A.F.K.A. JayPro

Okay....

Then go sic the demo team on 277 and 245, too. I mean it.

...And FTR, not because I'm what one might call a nut-swinging fan-boy of the type of classic skyscraper architecture that seems to be finding itself increasingly unwelcome in this City, pending the fate of the first 600'+ example of it in MidTown (Isn't that worth landmarking?).

It would and will be a sad day--for me; that's a cinch--if they raze this one...Or worse, all three. If is what Mayor DeBlinkero blithely gives the name "progress", I want 1095 Sixth flayed of its woefully stultified tacky-turqioise skin and re-clad as it was...with the Bell Atlantic logo on the sumbitch.

They'd better seriously think about this. Sure, certain painful compromises have to be made oftentimes in ensuring a growing metropolis't transition to modernity; but let us for now at least consider what's on the table here: A full demo on a 707' structure. Surely no one here considers this a quick job. Also, let's let sink in the fact that this would be the tallest controlled demo of a skyscraper in NY since the Singer...612' and a year to do it.

I haven't beem this pissed about adding to MidTown since they mulled over the deservedly ill-fated exterior overhaul to 1 Astor Plaza @1515 Broadway back in '07.

"To what?", you ask?

Yep. You guessed it.

A fizzecking box. Oh...but a LEED Platinum box (!) furnished with all the latest amenities (!!) for today's Internet-driven business tenants blah blah blah and their clientelle!(!!!)......

I'm hoping fervently that the Times isn't reporting this as a fait accompli.

Last edited by Prezrezc; Feb 22, 2018 at 1:36 AM. Reason: Better judgment in tenor......