View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 28, 2012, 5:23 AM

you are very kind to answer my questions. i am from the roman church, reared, schooled, the whole nine yards. then, before college joined maternal grandparents in their cradle episcopalian ways. i didn't remember a basicila, nor two episcopal churches. i know that there are several beautiful beaux revival buildings, i have a listing of all of the stained glass of the louis t. comfort tiffany shop, the places, names of the windows, scenes, cities, etc. (even cemeteries w/ comfort and lafarge, as well as others, who have glass in the private and public mausoleums. gives the states, and it has been a valuable asset to my travels.

of course, i know asheville has the nickname of ""the san francisco of the south." being a well know area for artists in residence for so many mediums, i found it strange that it was so expensive to live there. isn't tourism a huge part of the area economy? hardwood timber, logging, and planting nurseries?
it is the small nuances that set the community apart from other cities---big and small. you have so much for which to be thankful. w/ the eye you have for detail in many of the photos, you capture much of the spirit of the area. to be honest, i haven't done any home work on wiki or google, etc., but i think that the french broad river is near to that area, is it not?

well, just wanted to tell you that i would be looking for the churches thread. particularly, in the episcopal churches, would you try to get pictures of the rood beams, rood screens, the organ console, and the bell tower?

believe it or not, in a county of over a million people, it is difficult to find good subjects to discuss, though some of the finest buildings in the city and county never make it on any forum. you are a good representative for your city and for nc. best of luck. kingfish