View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 19, 2017, 3:02 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwoldtimer View Post
And, since then, another one in Maryland. Those activist judges are everywhere! The irony, I gather, is that both judges took into account (rightly or wrongly, I couldn't say) Trump's anti-Muslim/Muslim ban campaign rhetoric in considering the challenges to the revised executive order. Politically, I don't know whether Trump really cares - his base sees him trying to do something he promised to do and being stymied by Courts, so this isn't putting the base off their man.
All I can is that this is what Trump is really scared of

We take it for granted that with the exception of really "SMART" millennials in san fransico/starbucks nobody is aware automation is coming.

The reality is its entirely possible that trump may have advisers who are just as worried about it as names like bill gates/elon musk/insert vally billionaire here.

If we can imagine as consenting educated adults that a billionaire may be taking advice from a person that is smarter than your average star bucks customer it might be possible that this might be part of their grand strategy.

Trump isn't a rebirth of fascism he's a rebirth of the anti globalisation/populist movements that arose during the late 1800s. When protectionism was an absolute norm.

The reality is a very real solution to runaway automation is to shut down borders/trade and restrict the labour supply.

I'm not saying that this is what trump is doing, but it seems like virtually every piece of rhetoric/actions etc falls directly in line with what one would do to adress runaway automation.