View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 21, 2013, 3:40 PM
Realtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
Article on this. Could be a few more weeks before the ZBA makes a decision

http://planphilly.com/articles/2013/...-dranoff-tower
Great article that really explains the issues.

I went to the meeting yesterday and I'm a fan of this project and almost always more density but do not think they should be granted the bonus in this situation. Boni's point at the end was an excellent one. We want to promote the best possible waterfront development going forward and certainly should not be giving bonus's for parking that is above street level just because its in a flood plain (Philly actually has a lot of waterfront).

This particular street needs special attention with the dog park and the important main entrance to Schuylkill Banks. Staring at a huge parking wall the length of one city block while you walk down 25th street is not ideal, even if they pretty it up. And they have enough parking below grade to move forward without the ground level parking. I'm sure Dranoff wants this parking since it's worth a lot of money but we will all pay the price for it. Hate to be a NIMBY on this one (not that I live in fitler square) but I agree with the NIMBY's and think they are making the right call. Still hope the project moves forward, just without the ground level parking garage.