View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 18, 2015, 7:03 AM
Canadian Urbanite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssiguy View Post
I don't think Tony Clement would have much of a chance as he is devoid of personality and his name is very tarnished in Ontario.

I would love to see Danny Williams take a go but the Harperites and Reformers would faint. I've heard Bras Wall's name { current Premier of Sask} thrown around quite a bit but I don't know much about him or his ideological bent.
There's always been a bit of ambiguity as to whether Wall speaks French or not - so it's hard to say. Of course he has also come out previously and said he has no interest in pursuing Federal politics (of course who knows if that still holds true).

He could be an interesting possibility for the Conservatives. He has maintained a strong approval rating in Saskatchewan and in particular relative to his equals in the other provinces.

My own opinion is that he has been okay - as he hasn't rocked the boat in Saskatchewan (i.e. selling Crown Corporations). Admittedly I am hardly one to align myself with conservative values or perspectives, but I am impartial enough to agree that Saskatchewan has been in a relatively good position since his coming into power (although, that may be a matter of appropriate timing of Saskatchewan's natural resources being in demand - something which Wall has suggested himself). Like anyone in a position of power he has made some positives steps, as well as miscalculations. Policies aside, I think he is a likeable and well spoken individual.

In anycase, his name has been mentioned, so if Harper's days are numbered - I suspect we will hear more of Wall...and whether or not he can speak French!

Last edited by CCF; Oct 18, 2015 at 7:59 AM.