View Single Post
Old Posted May 15, 2012, 7:12 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomarandlee View Post
With good reason. Other then looking impressive on agency maps with superficial connectivity it would really provide very little excepting taking people to nowhere places to other nowhere places. It is MUCH to spend billions of dollars elsewhere on Metra lines. The other three projects (particularly the UP-W and UP-NW improvements) are very worthwhile IMO.

By the way a few years ago there was a press release about extending the Milwaukee North Line (Fox Lake) to have a split branch up north by Ro....ckland Rd. that would extend north to Gurnee. Giving its proximity to Gurnee Mills, Six Flags, Lambs Farm, and Abott Laboratories I thought would have been a real good idea. Haven't heard anything about it since however.
I for one wish Metra would for once focus on increasing train frequency on its more heavily used lines, even if this runs were "limited runs".....that is runs that didn't proceed to line terminus. I think the north line for instance should run on the half hour during the week; and perhaps eeven on Saturday, every hour or so on Sunday would be sufficient. Quit expanding to area where the stations might get 100 riders a day instead increase frequency in the inner metra region to turn metra into a more viable comprehensive transportation alternative.