View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 4, 2017, 11:12 PM

It all depends. During the peak of the Syrian refugee crisis, most Syrians that were allowed into the states opted to go to the Midwest, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio and etc. And most of those states governors were happy to accept, at the time, since most are still seeing population declines and at the time it seemed to be a great political move.

The overseas manager for the middle eastern division for my employer lives/works out of Lebanon. Every time I talk with him he says "Have you seen any one famous today" because he knows I'm in LA, He's fascinated with how things are done here and that he wish he could move here. BUT. That being said, he has no desire to be on the coasts, his exact words "if I move to the States, I don't want to be in New York or LA, I want to experience the country living".... I told him that may or may not be a good idea hahaha but he was pretty determined he wanted to be in Texas or Oklahoma or somewhere in the south. Again, I told him that may or may not be a good idea HAHAHA.

The reason why NYC and LA attract immigrants more than other cities and why the coasts in general attract immigrants more than the interiors is because...... to be blunt, the coasts are a somewhat friendlier and more welcoming. The interiors can sometimes feel a little unwelcoming, even to those visiting from the coasts.