View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 6, 2011, 3:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midcity View Post
There is some undeveloped or underdeveloped property along Bayou St. John between the I-610 overpass and the Harrisson Ave bridge around the Parkview St. John condo building.
A few weeks ago there was talk of Deutsches Haus moving into that 4-acre lot next to the Apartments at Esplanade building, which would be great news because they will be in the middle of Jazz Fest and City Park's new festival grounds. Also, they will not disturb any neighbors, because they're surrounded by cemetery.

As far as Zipcars, I actually think New Orleans would be great for it. There are many Warehouse Dist/FQ/Marigny people without cars that occasionally need to run to Walmart, Sams Club, or Lakeside; and it could also be good for tourists who don't want to rent a car but would like to drive to one place in particular outside of downtown - such as the cemeteries, City Park, the lakefront, or to maybe go on a swamp tour. I think somewhere between Basin and Rampart Streets would be the perfect hub for a zip car lot, with a few smaller scattered sites around the CBD and Loyola/TU.