View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 20, 2019, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC Rick View Post
Salt lake City, Birmingham, Louisville and a few others not on this list totally lead the category. I mean SLC alone is in a 35 mile long and 12 mile wide area with over 2 million people in 3 not so large counties.

SLC is making major inroads while the area is really growing.

Yeah, Salt Lake City proper is rapidly becoming more dense with the additional construction boom of a lot of missing middle, and mid-rise development. It's adjoining metro towns from north to south give it over 2.5 million people and rapidly climbing. I would like to see the cores of the many connected towns become denser and more walkable. Many 19th century villages which use to be around 700 to 7000 pop. a decade or two ago are now 30,000 to 60,000 plus people. They need to continue to restore and build up their cores. Hopefully, the many transit projects will continue to facilitate this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjntoronto View Post
Idaho Falls, Pocatello, Rexburg, Blackfoot, Idaho.
I understand these towns of southeastern Idaho are experiencing their own population boom. I hope so, as they are an important part of the Salt Lake City market for future major league franchises locating in the Salt Lake City metro.

I think one town in Utah that I would like to see become a major metro outside of the Wasatch Front of Salt Lake is Southern Utah's St. George. It's a beautiful little city surrounded by some of the most otherworldly scenery on the globe. It's definitely one of the fastest growing areas in the nation, and seems to be really focusing on it's core development also. I would like to see it become a metro of over 600,000 in my lifetime, while continuing to buildup an attractive walkable core.

Last edited by delts145; Mar 20, 2019 at 12:39 AM.