View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 22, 2011, 4:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Great pics!..I've only been to Hamilton a couple of times, and I thought I said this before on this forum somewhere.....What I noticed about Hamilton is that it never seemed to get sucked into Toronto's vortex...Really is a stand - alone city with it's own feel..Lots of cites near the g.t,a get kinda sucked in as bedroom communities,and have no idenity..Not the Hammer!.
I agree. However, it appears as though Hamilton's current political leaders and developers are doing their best to change this. Plans for LRT lines within Hamilton along key corridors have been all but killed in favour of increased transit to Toronto, and new developments within Hamilton are primarily marketed towards Torontonians and commuters. Because of its history, Hamilton will never be the typical, generic GTA suburb (Mississauga, Brampton, etc.), but I think Hamilton is well on its way to becoming more and more connected with, and dependent upon, Toronto; it's within an hour of Toronto, it lacks its own economy, and real estate prices in Hamilton are ridiculously affordable when compared to Toronto.

Last edited by MPK; Sep 22, 2011 at 11:36 PM.