View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 27, 2010, 3:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coral Builder View Post
It is nice to see a distinct point of view on this forum, usually dominated by these somewhat delusional views regarding the state of things. These poeple need a serious re-adjustment in their perspectives if they think this type of accomodation is 'fine', 'Okay' or 'acceptable' here in Canada. It is also a sad commentary on the state of things when Torontonians find comfort in comparing these areas to poorer slums in Brasil, Africa or Asia, instead of insisting that they be improved so that they are better the slums in countries that are leaving us in the dust, like Switzerland, Australia, New Zealand, Norway and Holland. It is true that the standards in Toronto have fallen so very far in recent times.
Uhh... most of the ridicule in this thread has come from non-Torontonians and non-Canadians. I would see more of the world, including more of your own city and these places you refer to as "slums".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coral Builder View Post
Hopefully, with a new mayor that clearly understands business and economics, instead of government bureaucracy and pandering to immigrants or the poor, Toronto can make strides back to the type of City it was, as opposed to the City it was slowly becoming.
No more "pandering to immigrants, and the poor"? I thought you were interested in helping these people living in these neighbourhoods?

Oh right I see. You are only concerned about the effect these places have on you and your property values. Obviously, Rob Ford's call for a complete ban on immigration to Toronto has resonated with some people.