View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 7, 2017, 9:39 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
These buildings - Comcast Tech, Comcast Center, One Liberty, Two Liberty, BNY Mellon, Three Logan and FMC - would ABSOLUTELY make a dramatic impact on any US skyline you put them in not named Chicago and NYC. They are all very tall - and aside from FMC - cluttered together... which makes everything else around them seem less tall.

You know, I'm really glad you said that; not only because it cleared up what I was thinking; but I pondered this. The buildings we have would make a huge impact on any American skyline other than New York City and Chicago and in fact; its possible to include New York and Chicago and here is why I'll included those cities.

Comcast Tech is only a few feet shorter then Hancock Tower in Chicago; I think its about 6' or something like that. Of Comcast Tech were in Chicago it would be the 5th tallest with 2 others within 20' taller; so I considered it well. If Comcast Tech were in a skyline like Chicago; the impact would be about like the Mellon building is to our city; very noticeable. You are right!

If Philadelphia continues to grow as it can; we can have a skyline that is the envy of this nation because so many of our buildings have a sense of class and style; and its not just that; their placement in the Business District is very well thought out which is unique because when building a building the city is so well laid out; one really has to consider the genius of William Penn to a degree because though he didn't live to see skyscrapers his planning affects them here so well.