View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 27, 2013, 10:23 PM
Cat Enthusiast

In the wake of the SCOTUS decisions on DOMA and Prop 8, AL.com has been covered with articles about gay marriage, many of them positive.

Today, George Talbot posted a poll (LINK) on AL.com asking "Do you support or oppose same-sex marriage?". I first saw this around 1 o'clock, at which time the votes for "Support" stood at around 46%. Being pleasantly surprised, I've kept an eye on the support percentage, and it has been steadily rising throughout the afternoon!

I'll come back every now and then, updating the difference between the difference above or below "Oppose" that "Support" holds.

Thursday, 6/27, 5:20 PM: 53.25% support
Thursday--------------------- + 8.61
Thursday, 7:30PM----------- + 8.95
Friday, 6/28, 2:15 PM:--- + 9.43
Friday, 7:50------------------ + 18.44

In addition to all of the activity going on around the state, Rep. Patricia Todd (D-Birmingham), who became the state's first openly gay official in 2006, announced that she and her partner would challenge the state's ban on same-sex marriage in state court and potentially federal court. LINK

While her challenge to the state's ban doesn't stand much of a chance, who knows how far it could go in turning some opinions.

SSP Alabama Universities: Alabama - UAB - Alabama State

Last edited by SpawnOfVulcan; Jun 29, 2013 at 12:49 AM.