View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 27, 2011, 3:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
i was looking more for specific architectural criticisms of the new ballpark itself, not ancillary stuff like team logos or parking garages.

why are they going through the exorbitant expense of building a retractable roof stadium if they just intend to leave it closed all the time? don't they know that indoor baseball sucks ass.
No, they apparently do not know that. But we will see how it pans out. To be honest, the rest of it I just don't know enough about, I haven't been in it yet. As for the parking garages, they're pretty imposing and really block off the stadium from the surrounding neighborhood. They're part and parcel of the stadium, so you can't really compare one without the other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdreamz View Post
^ I heard that the roof will be closed about 70% of the time not 100% of the time but that is speculation at this point. It rains everyday in Miami during the summer but I really don't believe it will be closed that much as has been reported in the media. Just look at what happened to last night's World Series game.
I'm just going by what David Sampson has said and that they advertise that each game will be an air conditioned 75 degrees. I just don't' see how that will be possible for even 85% of the games if the roof is open. I really abhor indoor baseball too.