View Single Post
Old Posted May 22, 2013, 12:02 AM

I hope they don't go through with the height reduction. So pointless. I'm willing to bet that any shadows cast on union square from the 550' version are minuscule and only occur in the morning too. Same deal for the adjacent plaza, though with quite a bit more morning shadow hitting it (though who cares, there's an unshaded park, literally right across the street). The environmental impact report was already certified by the planning commission though, so wouldn't that mean that the "shadow allowance" for union square and the adjacent plaza hasn't been exceeded? Shadow impact would be something that's looked at in an EIR, right?

Strangely, socketsite hasn't mentioned this anywhere, and they just reported yesterday that the planning commission would be voting this week on whether to raise the height limit or not at that location...so I take that to mean the height reduction will only happen if they decide not to raise the height limit. Or maybe socketsite just never got word of that PDF that mentioned the possible height reduction, and it's already been decided that the height will be reduced? But they're usually on top of things, and it seems like they would know if that were the case.