View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 18, 2017, 3:48 PM
Bamboo Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamchung taiwan View Post
I will add something about your comment. The passenger traffic during 2000s was declining until KMT took office in 2008.
No. The decline started after the KMT took power during the financial crisis. And that can't be blamed on anyone in Taiwan. If you have evidence to the contrary, feel free to post a link.

Quote:
Since then, passenger traffic rise dramatically because KMT open direct routes and air space to China.
Sure traffic increased dramatically after 2009 when more tourists from China and LCCs arrived.Even with a decrease in Chinese arrivals the past year, overall passengers are still increasing.

Quote:
Political issue made by DDP during 2000s cause problems for Taoyuan International Airport development. DDP though there is no further development for this airport because lack of traffic.
Except for the plan to renovation T1, which would have been done earlier if it wasn't for constant obstruction made by the KMT controlled legislature.
http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/fron...3/0000201851/1
And that is also the role they are playing today:
http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/fron.../01/2003677553

Quote:
That terminal 3 project was developing during KMT ruling. And, airport company is set up during this period. For me, both parties have caused problem to this airport. People is out of patient for this leaking issue, especially DDP and KMT promised solve this problem in the past. People don't care it is DDP ruling or KMT ruling. Just get this done!
You care! You were the one that linked the leaky roof to party politics!

Quote:
KMT don't solve it, it does not mean DDP can have excuse. Closing-terminal2-plan has already been criticized by airlines. Airport company is evaluating the plan. I think it will take longer time before they make decision.
Well, it would seem the terminal has some serious problems that need to be addressed. Closing it down to renew it makes sense to me, but if they don't want to shift to T3 then that's fine - they can just work around renovations like they did at T1.

Quote:
Political infighting can cause power shortage to my beloved country is so ridiculous. Lack of power reserve has caused problem to Taiwan competitive. Power outage in 8/15/2017 made a lot of people rethink political infighting between KMT and DDP.
Power outrage was caused by human error not a lack of power reserve. They mistakenly took the 4,384,200 KW Datan gas plant off line on the hottest day of the year. William, poor training is to blame, not politics!