View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 19, 2018, 3:48 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by northbay View Post
Exactly. Many of the Federal grants had stipulations that the money be spent by a certain date. CAHSR HAD to start construction as soon as possible or they would lose the money.
Like my old teacher used to say, "there's a difference between an explanation and an excuse". Yes, we all know why they had to go off half-cocked, but it's still stupid. Pointing out the political rational doesn't change the fact that it's a bad idea. If anything I'd say most people should be able to agree that letting politics dictate your plans instead of engineering is a terrible idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
You do realize you don't have to be a "Conservative" to think that this is a horribly managed project and huge waste of money, right?
Exactly! I don't want to see this money spent on bombing some Muslims, I want to see it spent on infrastructure projects that actually MAKE SENSE. Think how many new subway lines could be built in LA and SF for the cost of this boondoggle! Those two cities could be completely transformed. Something CAHSR will never do even IF it were to be built.