View Single Post
Old Posted May 18, 2007, 11:51 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffy View Post
Wow! I had given up on this thinking it dead. Stamford had a hell opf a boom in the 80s and won many fortune 500 headquarters then by mid 90s had calmed down. i was waiting for it jump in the game like nearby White Plains and New Rochelle have. Right now stamford has a major redevelopment of the downtown shopping mall and some office tower on Washington Blvd by the highway that I still don't know what it is. This new development is fantastic!!
We'll be waiting for your pics...

But Stamford is also one of the reasons White Plains will most likely approve Cappelli's office project there...

Quote:
Mayor Joseph Delfino, who has presided over the city during the transformation Cappelli helped launch and worked with him on the Station Plaza proposal before it was presented to the council last night, said the offices are a logical next step for White Plains.

"I think we've done everything else here, from housing to great retail," Delfino said. "Stamford is getting an influx of new office space and we have none here. To bring in office buildings into White Plains would be the right thing to do."

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.