View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 5, 2011, 5:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boi2socal View Post
Just to move their planes around. And they have reduced service from their initial service amount. Not really surprising though.

Allegiant tends to fly places without much service. While it seems strange IF would get HI service and Boise would not, Boise has nearly endless easy connections to HI, Idaho Falls not so much. I doubt that service will last if implemented. They also have a reputation of quickly ending service when it doesn't work out.
That's what I thought about the Pendleton flights, I guess this way they can try to eek out a little revenue while they're at it... I can't imagine more than one or two people taking that flight on a good day. If Allegiant is able to go from IF to HI then awesome, but they always seemed really gimmicky to me when I lived in IF so I never bothered with them. They only had flights on Thursdays and Sundays. Often they required that you book your hotel with them to be able to buy the plane ticket, or they charge some ridiculous fee to book your flight online. If you don't want to pay the booking fee you actually go to their counter at the IF airport (which is only open during a small time frame every couple days) and buy the ticket. If it takes Allegiant to get Hawaii service here in Boise, then I'm fine with connection through Seattle, Portland, SFO or Los Angeles until another airline decides to give us a nonstop.