View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 1, 2013, 3:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copes View Post
I'd love to see someone standup and say:

"Because of the attitude in this city, we've gone from a fairly decent proposal to one with a blank wall on one side that looks like a big Tim Horton's.

I fully support this development. I want this developer to be here, building, and improving our downtown. We should be welcoming people like Magna with open arms. But I cannot support the current design. Because of the demands of those living downtown, a once half-decent proposal has been bastardized.

People living downtown need to realize that living in the downtown of a capital city comes at some cost. That cost tends to be privacy and view. Our city is developing. We need these hotels. We need Magna, and them putting a large hotel in the West End is great, especially considering the recently closed Battery Hotel.

I support the development of this hotel, and want to see it. I DO NOT support the current design. Blank walls have no place here."

Man, what a speech. I'd stand up and clap.
I love that line, "looks like a big Tim Hortons" It is true. It has a very similar color scheme to a Tim's. Stick a drive through in there somewhere and your all set. Seriously though, I do hope that as many as possible on the forum that live at home can make that meeting and voice their objections to the new design while at the same time supporting the rezoning. I will definately send an email and I hope I can use your comparison to a Tim Hortons.