View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 29, 2012, 7:31 PM
Fake News

Quote:
Originally Posted by kw5150 View Post
I would absolutely love the beach aspect of this project. A "beach" is not too be taken literally as some people have. When they refer to a "beach" they are simply saying it is a gathering place along the river where you can sit and look out at the scenery.

On a very hot day, yes there will be people wading/swimming in the water. generally, the bow is tad cold to have a swim when the temp is below 25 degrees Celsius.

This beach is NOT where you take your toddler.......lol.

I don't really agree about them restoring more of the islands natural vegetation. They should have a few minor spots of restored area, but to cordon it off seems strange. I was hoping to see a very open, urban design where you could literally see from end to end of the island. I don't think people realize just how massive this thing is.

I am really pushing for something more urban. Tall vegetation everywhere is just not attractive for many people. I will reserve judgement for later because I have not seen the design yet.
I find it a tad ironic that someone who is always touting the environment is proposing they essentially clearcut the entire island so you can "see from end to end". I would count myself as someone who would lament the loss of 200 year old cottonwoods to make way for sod and some extra restaurants, which would undoubtedly contribute to the litter you so frequently complain about.