View Single Post
Old Posted May 14, 2018, 9:48 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by le calmar View Post
Back when I was a student in Lille, I ensured that I would speak English every time I went to Belgium across the border (Kortijk/Courtrai is considered a Belgian suburb of Lille). It was an advice given to me by pretty much everyone in Lille, especially if I am travelling by myself. I believe the "don't speak French" rule applied from east and Mouscron and onward. I've never been to Mouscron but given the name and immediate proximity to Lille I assume that people speak French. If it is obvious you are visiting Belgium, they don't seem to mind responding in French though.
indeed. I was also visiting Belgium from Lille (And years later, when stationed in Holland).

Did you go to IESEG per chance?
"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."-President Lyndon B. Johnson Donald Trump is a poor man's idea of a rich man, a weak man's idea of a strong man, and a stupid man's idea of a smart man. Am I an Asseau?