View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 25, 2011, 7:01 PM
Wannabe Urbanite

Redevelopment Plans for Unused/Underutilized Sights

Instead of hijacking the London Malls thread, I thought I would post my plans for the redevelopment of London Mall here. This can be a place to post any descriptions, maps, renderings, sketches, or concepts that you have for places like the old South Street Hospital, the soon to be closed Mental Health Centre, or any other urban sights, whether it be small infill or a large complex.

My concept for the London Mall sight would include 6 towers or varying heights with setbacks that have large retail stores facing Oxford and Wonderland on a 2 story podium. There would be scenic tree-lined promenades on both streets, and in between the buildings themselves. There would be smaller retail, mixed with entrances to the buildings in here. In the centre would be a circle, with a water fountain. Transit usership would be encouraged in this "node" with a new busway (or potentially light rail line) going along the back of the development, and with 2 stations for east, and westbound buses on either side of Oxford. The busway would go east to at least Western road, and join Oxford street to the West. Parking lots, and connections to other buses would be nearby the stations. Parking for out of area visitors would be located near the busway, and parking for residents would be underground.

http://s1141.photobucket.com/albums/n596/Simpseatles/

What do you guys think?