View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 26, 2012, 2:24 PM

^ This doesn't disprove my claim, which I have heard on a couple different occasions, from people actually involved in putting up highrises there. Your statement does little to explain why luxury residential high-rises aren't more prevalent south of Midtown. Given the amount of money that a developer could make, especially considering the unobstructed views (look no further than the New Jersey towers just across the river), it would seem there is some extremely major obstacle to preventing a proliferation of taller towers in that area. Perhaps you are just too accustomed to things as they are and can't fathom a nyc different from the one you know. If you take a look at other skylines, like SF, Seattle, Chicago, Houston, etc., you'll see the occasional highrise standing alone in a low-rise neighborhood; that is the normal course of urban development. Zoning and nimbys may well be the explanation for what I am talking about, but you only referred to the area north of Midtown. If someone has further explanation I would be interested in seeing it.

Last edited by denizen467; Nov 26, 2012 at 2:56 PM.