View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 6, 2009, 8:18 PM
Highrise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mille Sabords View Post
What a great idea, Acajack. Hopefully I'll be able to go take some pictures. There is a really scuzzy strip mall between St. Laurent and Russell Road, just south of Innes, where there is only one last corner store still operating for the projects to the immediate south (and it smells like a third world corner store, all due respect - I've been to a few so-called "third world" countries). This very same strip mall has the distinction of having the rotting carcass of The Den, a strip joint now known as the NuDen and located just up the street in a much bigger and nicer building...

I remember the Cajun Attic, I drank there several times inj my 20's. Sad story. The place was well run but one day the owner decided to retire, sold it to one of his staff and the guy didn't know what he was doing and ran it into the ground.
I started reading your locational description of the corner store in the strip mall and couldn't place it...however, when you mentioned it in the old Den building, I knew exactly where you meant...that place is definately fugly....huge parking lot etc. I do believe that there have been proposals for the land but they haven't come to anything.

Good idea for a thread.